Call for Nominations
California Association of Licensed Investigators
Investigator of the Year Award
Do you know someone who has made notable contributions to the PI industry? Nominate them now! Nominations are currently being accepted for CALI's Investigator of the Year Award (IOY). Recipients of this award have demonstrated outstanding professional service.
Before preparing a nomination, please read the award guidelines provided below and verify that the candidate is eligible.
Any Active, Associate, or Affiliate member of CALI is eligible for the IOY award.
- Nominees for the Investigator of the Year award must be a licensed private investigator (or equivalent).
- Affiliate member nominees must be working as an employee of a licensee or an agency who is exempt from licensure and is performing full-time investigative work.
Judging will be based on the following achievements and contributions made during the past or current year, using the following criteria:
- Outstanding professional achievement (information on a significant case or service). All must be articulated by the investigator making the nomination.
- Special contribution to the profession (how the nominee has assisted their profession). All must be articulated by the investigator making the nomination.
- Exceptional service to the public (the nominee’s involvement with charities and or community service(s).
The Awards Committee bases its selection on a complete nomination packet being received and containing but not limited to a completed online “Nomination Form” accompanied by support documentation showing how the nominee meets the three areas of the award criteria. The nomination packet must include letters of support from the nominee’s clients, fellow investigators, private parties, elected officials, or others to support why the nominee deserves the IOY award. The letters of support are necessary to the committee and the selection process.
Investigator of the Year Nomination Procedures
- All nominations must be made by a CALI member. Each member may nominate only one candidate for the Award.
- It is the nominating member’s responsibility to do the following for the nomination to be complete.
- Complete the online Nomination Form to be directed to the Awards Committee.
- Include member’s nomination letter with a statement of worthy achievement, letters supporting the nomination, and any additional documentation to help confirm the award criteria listed above. Nominations without an official nomination form, letters, and documents in support of the nominee will not be considered.
- Submit a completed nomination packet to the IOY Chair prior to the stated nomination deadline.
The nominator, nominee, and those supporting the nomination should collect the needed and required documents and all support letters. This will assure the worthiness of the candidate receiving the award. Additional support letters are key as they confirm that others inside and outside of the industry agree that the nominee is worthy of the award. The following are examples of supporting documents that should be submitted:
Letters from friends, colleagues, City Officials, State Officials
Letters from clients
Certificates of Achievement
Nominations can be sent to the IOY Award Chairperson by US mail to:
Jay Paulino, CPI
CaseyGerry Law Firm
110 Laurel Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Or by email to: Jay Paulino, CPI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must be postmarked no later than June 1, 2023. Nominations submitted by email must be sent by midnight on June 1, 2023.
If awarded, the IOY award presentation will occur at the CALI Annual Conference, which will be held August 24–26, 2023, in Sonoma Wine Country, California.
Click here for more information.